FADONA News, Information & Events
FADONA Focus newsletter
FADONA News Feed - LTC News and Regulatory Updates
November 2016: FADONA seeks volunteers for leadership roles
August 2016: Florida Association Directors of Nursing Administration/LTC (FADONA) is excited to announce that it recently held a strategic planning retreat where it succeeded in completing a five-year plan that will take the association into the year 2021. Incorporated into the new plan is a revamped mission statement and the introduction of its vision statement.
August 2016: Florida Association Directors of Nursing Administration/LTC (FADONA) is excited to announce that it is now accepting "Call for Speaker Presentations" for its 30th Anniversary "Carrying the Torch of Leadership" convention, March 13-16, 2017 at the Rosen Plaza Hotel in Orlando. Presenters who wish to present at the convention are invited to submit an online proposal on FADONA's website (www.fadona.org) that will include details about the proposed presentation. Submissions should be based on FADONA's needs assessment with issues related to long-term care and geriatrics. The submission site deadline for all applicants is November 18, 2016.
July 2016: Our new FADONA Board Members
From L-R: Amina Dubuisson, Jacqueline Hinerman, Reuben Bowie, Elizabeth Page, Marge Shake, Bonnie Cruz, Susie Jensvold, Norma Collins, Jean Nelson, Sharyn Figgins, Betty Barron, and Bobbi Jo Rivera.
- June 14th, 2016: Here is updated data for the National Partnership to Improve Dementia Care in Nursing Homes. Thanks to the hard work of so many, there has been a decrease of 28.8 percent of long-stay nursing home residents receiving an antipsychotic medication, to a national prevalence of 17.0 percent in 2015, Quarter 4. Click here for the Quarterly Report | Click here for the Quarterly Data
- April 15th, 2016: Florida Association Directors of Nursing Administration/LTC (FADONA) President Jean Nelson is delighted to announce that the 29th Annual Convention "Carrying the Torch of Leadership 2016" was a resounding success. Click here to download.
January 4th, 2016:
Administration Releases Final Report for 2015 Conference on Aging
Download the 2015 White House Conference on Aging Final Report Here
- June 29, 2015: Call for Presentations Press Release for the 2016 FADONA Carrying the Torch of Leadership 2016 Conference in Daytona Beach
- June 12, 2015: FADONA 28th Convention & Awards Press Release
- Febuary 5, 2015: FADONA Announces it's Pre-Convention Program for March 30, 2015 - Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia Care Senimar
- Febuary 2, 2015: Florida Agency for Health Care Administration Statewide Medicaid Managed Care - Quarterly Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Plan Report
- January 30, 2015: Good Balance Requires Mental and Physical Fitness - From Harvard Health Publications
- January 12, 2015: CMS Revisions to State Operations Manual (SOM), Appendix PP - "Guidance to Surveyors for Long Term Care Facilities" [Implementation Date: 11/26/2014]
- September 29, 2014: FADONA Invites Presentation Proposals for Carrying the Torch of Leadership 2015
- February 17, 2014: Demand for Nurses in Florida: The 2013 Survey of Florida's Nurse Employers
- May 2, 2013: Award Winners Recognized at FADONA's Successful 26th Annual Convention
- November 29, 2012: FADONA Invites Presentation Proposals for arrying the Torch of Leadership 2013
- February 2, 2010: Florida Agency for Health Care Administration Releases Medicaid Medical Home Task Force Report
- January 27, 2010: MDS 3.0 for Nursing Homes and Swing Bed Providers: What's New from CMS
- January 25, 2010: FADONA Leads PACT Initiative to Reduce Pressure Ulcers
- November 19, 2009: FADONA Establishes 'Principles of Excellence' for Florida Directors of Nursing in Long-Term Care